Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

Time Finder Day 6 (Friday) and leaving my edit monster behind for the first day of writing

9:00-10:00 Woke up, got ready for work, went to work.
11:20-3:20 Worked (1 hour lunch break: read "Territory")
4:00-6:00 Checked e-mails, net surfing, phone calls read books.
6:00-7:00 Cooked curry and read.
7:00-10:00 Did some writing and research.
10:00-11:00 Ate dinner, watched the news on TV.
11:00-12:00 Personal hygiene stuff and got some zzzzzzzs.

This day was Friday the 13th, and it it didn't disappoint.  Work turned out to be horrible.  I was totally tired out by my week and my brain decided to take an early day off.  I thought I would crash when I got home, but since the whole day brought me down, I just became reeeaaaallllly ..... slow.

However, I did start writing some background on my story (I will call this my map)...it all "came to me" as I was taking the train home.  My thoughts about my "failure" gave me the first line!  Whether I will use it in the final draft is something I will worry about several months from now.  
 Because....
right now, for the first draft, we are supposed to leave our mind's "editing monster" at the gate. 

By leaving your edit monster behind while you are on your novel journey means:
that you can concentrate on pumping out the words.  

You are not supposed to erase anything you write no matter how bad you might think it is. 









(Baty suggests changing the fonts to italic or changing the colors to white so that you don't have to see what you wanted to erase.  That way you can still have everything included in your word count.)

So, with my 1,747 word map in hand, my edit monster left at the gate, I enter the world of "the strangest book ever" (the file name for my novel until I find my real title).  

.....

Hey, what was that sound?

No comments: