Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

86 to 96 on my list of books to read

Uh-oh.  I haven't included the book that will, no doubt, be helpful for my current "novel adventure".
...
Dante's "Inferno".  I suppose since I know the story I fell like I've read it... However, that will not do, so it goes on my list of 100 books to read.  Might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone (enlightenment and research).

Ngh...

I'm a vegetarian, and I just realized I really don't like that expression...kill, bird...argh.

Ah, so here are a few more to add to my list that previous
ly stopped at number eight-five.

86. The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
87. Divine Comedy by Dante

?

Recurring theme here?

ANYWAY,

88. Complete Prose by Woody Allen
89. Glass Book of the Dream Eaters by G.W. Dahlquist
90. Five by Endo Shusaku
91. The Keep by Jennifer Egan
92. Native American in the Land of the Shogun by Frederik L. Schodt
93. Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift (I think I read a kiddy edition when I was little but that doesn't                                                                        count so here it is!)
94. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
95. The Call of the Weird by Louis Theroux

Oh good heavens...FINALLY number 96...
96. Before Green Gables by Budge Wilson

So, four more to go.

As for my "novel adventure" it is still going pretty well.  I am writing chapters out of order though.
I have a map in my head so I know where I am headed and feel rather comfortable shifting back and forth in time.  
I just wish I had more time to read things like Dante so that I can learn something from the "masters".  

I shouldn't even be blogging right now ... but it is very therapeutic...
Speaking of therapeutic, must go take a bath in candlelight...aahhh.

No comments: